I am a married man in his 40’s – married to my lovely wife of 19 years – three boys and one grandchild on the way (I know I am too young to be a grandfather, that’s a whole other story). My wife is an immigrant from Honduras. Her family came over the United States – her mother a widow looking for an opportunity to support her four children. She worked hard – sometimes multiple jobs to make ends-meat; to raise and take care of her kids. Their family never took a welfare check, a food stamp, section 8, or any form of government assistance. She raised four great hard working kids who have gone on to raise families of their own.
I am a walking, breathing and living example of what a simple lower-middle class kid from Los Angeles can be in America. My life’s experiences – including my faith, career, my family, friends, and colleagues – all of the amazing people I have had the privilege and opportunity to know and work with; have afforded me a great life.
I have watched since about 2006 – way too many policies from Washington making it harder on the average American, the average worker – and simply harder for businesses to grow and prosper.
Between 2008 and 2011 – I, my wife, my son, my daughter in-law, my sister, my brother in-law, and two other brothers in other states & countless friends – have all suffered lay-offs due to the bad economy.
Virtually 45% of my family’s wealth has evaporated – trying to keep everyone afloat through this disastrous economic storm.
I work in finance where my professional endeavors have my business in constant contact with consumers; professionals with hospital & healthcare systems, banks, and commercial entities. Let me tell you something – EVERYONE is suffering.
I can’t and won’t take it anymore!
For the first time in my entire life – I have become politically active. Not just talking politics and having an opinion – but off the sidelines and into the game.
I will now put my talent, my time and my treasure into turning my family and America back to prosperity!
This election is a simple and clear choice…
1. Keynesian economics – the idea that we can tax and spend our way into prosperity. It has never worked. We now have long term unemployment, massive and growing debt and total financial and regulatory uncertainty. 1 in 6 American’s are now officially poor and we have more families and individuals on welfare, food-stamps and other government assistance; than any other time in our history.
2. Conservative; Free-Market economics – as put in place during the 1980’s under Reagan – has done more to lift the poor out of their poverty than any other government program or economic system in the last several generations.
Most liberal politicians (at the national level) are very wealthy, yet they portray themselves as the champions of the little guy. Even the politicians who are multi-millionaires talk about rich people in the third person.
FACT 1 - The American System of Free Enterprise has done more to lift the poor out of their poverty
Than any other government program or economic system in the history of the world. This is precisely why people of other countries have come here in droves for about 200 years now.
FACT 2 – More jobs have been created under conservative leadership since WWII than under progressive leadership. (These are all documented and in the government records).
How many jobs were created under the Reagan Administration?
In 1986 and by the latter year the nation was well into a 96-month-long economic recovery during which 20 million new jobs were created -- the longest peacetime economic expansion in modern American history.
· 20 million new jobs were created; Inflation dropped from 13.5% in 1980 to 4.1%
· During Reagan’s Administration, growth in government spending plummeted from 10% ... The seemingly insatiable Federal government was on a much-needed diet.
· The net worth of families earning between $20,000 and $50,000 annually grew by 27%.
· Real gross national product rose 26%.
· The prime interest rate was slashed by more than half, from an unprecedented 21.5% in January 1981 to 10% in August 1988.
· Given actual rates of inflation, through 1987, the Reagan tax cuts saved the median-income two-earner American family of four close to $9,000 in taxes from what it would have owed in 1980.
What about the 1990’s under Bill Clinton – With a Republican Controlled House & Senate
Clinton ushered in a robust economic growth by COOPERATING WITH CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP.
QUESTION – Is President Obama cooperating with Conservative Leadership? Rhetorical question – the answer is no!
Clinton cooperated with Republicans in the 1990’s to:
· Cut spending – Obama’s plan dramatically increases spending.
· Lower personal and corporate taxes – Obama plans to raise taxes.
· Usher in welfare reform that ultimately reduced the welfare rolls by 54% and put millions into jobs – Obama recently wiped away the foundations that created success in welfare reform - under Obama’s leadership the welfare rolls have more than doubled and are at record highs.
In 1996 the economy was growing. Today the economy is in deep-deep trouble and may be on the verge of getting much worse. Our economy is not the economy of 1996. In fact, it is not even close. Former Clinton Secretary of Labor Robert Reich noted in the Wall Street Journal recently that in the spring of 1995 the economy was adding about 200,000 jobs a month. By February of 1996, we added 434,000 jobs in just one month. Unemployment was 5.5 percent and declining. (It dropped to 4.2 percent within months.)
Comparisons between the negotiations of a Clinton Administration and a Republican controlled Congress – taking us from a recession and into a booming economy in the 1990s and those taking place in the Obama Depression today ignore one of the most important factors. What factors are those? After taking a bad economy and making it worse while adding trillions to the debt, President Obama's radical ideology, hostility to financial success, and bureaucratic micro-management have combined to virtually guarantee he will not fix the economy.
What is the Romney/Ryan Plan?
Mitt Romney’s Plan for a Stronger Middle Class - A Plan for More Jobs and More Take-Home Pay
Champion Small Business
Reduce taxes on job creation through individual and corporate tax reform
Stop the increases in regulation that are tangling job creators in red tape
Protect workers and businesses from strong-arm labor union tactics
Replace Obamacare with real health care reform that controls cost and improves care
Cut the Deficit
Immediately reduce non-security discretionary spending by five percent
Cap federal spending below twenty percent of the economy
Give states responsibility for programs that they can implement more effectively
Consolidate agencies and align compensation of federal workers with their private-sector counterparts
Increase access to domestic energy resources
Streamline permitting for exploration and development
Eliminate regulations destroying the coal industry
Approve the Keystone XL pipeline
The Skills to Succeed
Give every family access to a great school and quality teachers
Provide access to affordable and effective higher education options
Focus job training programs on building valuable skills that align with opportunities
Attract and retain the best and the brightest from around the world
Trade That Works For America
Curtail the unfair trade practices of countries like China
Open new markets for American goods and services
Build stronger economic ties in Latin America
Create a Reagan Economic Zone to strengthen free enterprise around the world
We need a ‘Reagan Like’ plan to get out of this mess and set the course for our children to have a prosperous future.
I urge you - I implore you to vote for Romney Ryan – and to bring conservative policies back to Washington. That will help the poor and the middle class!